Monday, December 16, 2013

Favorite artwork

This piece is my favorite piece I have made because it looks the most realistic out of everything I have made so far.  It has the most texture and actually looks like a real piece of cake.  I tried different techniques and I didn't really know how it would turn out in the end.  I used a pin tool and scratched the back of the cake to make it look like graham cracker crust.  For the sides of the cake I used a toothbrush to give it a rough texture.  Painting the strawberries was probably the hardest part because its hard to separate the white paint from the red paint.  I had to repaint the white several of times.  I was very proud of this piece after I was complete because it looked so realistic and I got many compliments on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment